Sunday, July 5, 2009

HELP!!!!!

I have a camera question for all of you photo pholks. I currently use a Pentax Optio A10 with 8.0 megapixels which has a video option. I am happy with it except for two MAIN drawbacks. Number one is the size - I thought that I would like the slim, compactness of it - I don't. It is too small, easy to slip through my hands and hard to keep still, although it does feature a shake reducer. Number two, which is the WORST, is the speed. Nearly all of the shots are lost because it is SO SLOW to snap the darn picture! We have a ton of deleted pictures of the end of an arm in the frame, the back of someone's head, etc. It takes FOREVER to shoot! EVERY time I pick it up, I want to throw it as far as I can because I KNOW that it won't take the shot in time!

Good news - my birthday is tomorrow, and dear hubby just told me to pick out my camera! Uh oh - which one?????? I don't want to spend a fortune (anything under $50????? ha!), I do like the point and click without much fussing, but it HAS to take a quick shot. The video feature has been nice, but not necessary.

Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

A few years ago I got so fed up with the speed issue with my camera that I invested in a Canon Rebel. I think the model I bought was around $850. Yikes. A lot of money, I know. But at the time we could afford it and I'm really glad I have it. It is great with the speed issue.

If I were you I would go to somewhere like Best Buy and just ask about what is best in your price range. You might be surprised what you can get for a decent price.

Alyson and Ford said...

We have a Nikon D40x which is a regular sized camera (looks like a 35mm with interchangeable lens) and takes great pictures, very quickly in good light. For indoor and darker pictures, it is a little slower. We love it. We shopped on line and bought it for a great price (but higher than what you want to pay - a few hundred $). See our posts from April 04, and 19th for information (plus the comments).

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Out Numbered! said...

SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!! I have a camera you can use until AFTER the adoption and you can either purchase it or send it back. It's not the greatest (rebel) but it did a great job on Katie's trip and many after.

Personal preference is a Canon Rebel. I have a XTI. I
LOVE IT!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!