Sunday, April 11, 2010

Meet Moira

Quirky? Weird? Sick? Scary? Funny? All of the above? What would you call it when you have a mannequin as a room mate?

For a very long time, I thought it would be a blast to have a mannequin. Kind of like playing dolls when you were a little girl - dress it up in different clothes, move it around the house in different positions, take it with you when you leave the house? My drawback is that they are expensive! SO, when a complete stranger posted a "wanted - mannequin" request on freecycle, I replied that although I didn't have a mannequin to give, I was also interested in obtaining one.
"T" posing incognito.

"T" and I struck up an email conversation over a period of a few weeks, coming up with funny situations the mannequins could find themselves in, or how we would dress a mannequin. Yesterday, "T" contacted me and said that she had a mannequin for ME!!!!!!!

"T" was so excited, that she had to drive all the way up to our house (nearly a 2 hour round trip for her!) to deliver Moira and help put her together! Although we had never met in person until yesterday, it was as though we had been friends for years! She ended up staying and playing a couple of wild games of Crazy 8's with us while we chatted and snacked on some dessert.
MissE and I assembling Moira.
Thanks, MissE for covering her up!
My friend, Joanie attaching Moira's hands to her arms.
Getting Moira's scarf just right - I have to find her some hair!
Saying good bye to "T".

Oh, my stars - we are going to have SO much fun with our "dolls"! Her mannequin has been named Alex and mine is Moira. Who knows where or when they might appear! Yes, we have plans.

THANK YOU "T"!!!!!

1 comment:

TanyaLea said...

Oh Donna! ~ You CRACK. ME. UP!!! TOOOOO FUNNY!!!...and FUN! ;) This has got to be one of the most hilarious posts I have read in ages. And trust me, I REALLY needed a good laugh right now... a GREAT stress reliever!! :o)

Thank you so much for stopping by our blog and for your generous contribution to help bring our daughter home. We leave 3 weeks from today!!! YEAH! I can hardly believe we will finally be bringing our sweet girl home... it has been a long time coming!

Thanks again for your giving heart. I pray that God blesses you abundantly for your generosity!

BIG Hugs!!
~Tanya

P.S>>> I am SOOOOOO becoming a follower of your blog. I can tell I am really going to have FUN here!! LOL!! :)

God bless! <><