Monday, August 1, 2011

We went to the zoo, zoo, zoo - how about you, you, you?

Ooops - just couldn't resist a little Raffi, there!

Actually we did go to the zoo, and if you are wondering, don't bother visiting the Portland, Oregon zoo.  We went last year and were disappointed, but thought it might be better this year.

Not.
None of us really realized just how big polar bears are until we had this visual!

The unenthusiastic crew.

 Miss Zabi learned how to play rock, paper, scissors recently and really had fun playing it with ye-ye while we waited for our ice cream.


I think that PETA must reign there or something.  Don't get me wrong - I don't approve of mistreating animals, but for Heaven's sake, people.  SOME animals in sight would be nice!

I can't remember what these monkeys were called, but they were odd looking.  I guess their tails re-shape to form a cape when they fly from tree to tree!

The mama and her youngest littles.

MissE sat in the seat in front of us on the train.  She was giggling and snapping photo after photo - I thought of Chicka.  Uh huh.  I never saw the hunka-hunka sitting in the seat behind us.  Yeah, right, Sheba!

This is what I thought she was taking a picture of!  Chicka wanted to ride the train SO bad - then she fell into such a deep sleep that she, uh, drooled!  She will never forgive me for this public photo when she is older, I know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HaHA! Looks like Miss E is growing up!! :)
Feel free to come check out the animals at OUR zoo... it's always a winner!