Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Set Back

We received a notice yesterday from USCIS (immigration) - NOT what I wanted to hear, though.  We went on the 5th to have our fingerprints taken for the adoption.  This is the last piece of paperwork that we need in order for our dossier to be sent to Ch*na.  We were told that we should hear back from them in 7 - 10 days.

Unfortunately, the notice said that my fingerprints were not good.  I drove to Portland today in the hopes that they would let me do a walk in appointment instead of waiting till next week (the appointment that they set up) for them to be redone.  We only had to wait about 1 1/2 hours until I was taken to redo them!  The tech said that if they are rejected a 2nd time, they will just go ahead and process them as best as they can.

Let us hope that by this time next week, we will be opening our approval letter!

1 comment:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

I'm so sorry your fingerprints weren't good! Mine are awful too...when USCIS did them digitally, she quickly recognized how bad they were and printed them the old fashion way also just to make sure they could be read.

Hang in there!!