Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hooray! I have a serger!!!!

Thank you, Mom and Dad!  My parents took me shopping yesterday and bought me a new serger - my old one died in the fire :-(

This means that I can now get busy and make some items to sell.  Each cent that I make is going towards bringing Zabi home from China!

I was able to make a blanket and a skirt this afternoon - I'll give you a sneak peek.


The blanket is a large 41 x 53 inches, as you can see in the photo with Chicka laying on it!  It is made from warm, fuzzy flannel on one side and a soft, stretchy cotton knit on the other.  I have made these blankets as gifts for new babies for nearly 20 years, and I have teenagers tell me that they still have the blankets that I made for them - that those blankets have been loved and treasured all these years!  You can also see the skirt that I made as a trial run for Inara.

The problem that I think that I will have with selling the blankets is that the fabric costs me $25 or more for each blanket.  That is fine for giving as a gift, but I'm afraid that they will be too spendy for people to buy.  I think that I will just say that anything above $25 (plus shipping) is considered a love donation for Zabi.  Does that sound fair?

I will be posting fabric options for the skirts.  All I would need is the waist measurement of the sweetie recipient and the desired length.  The skirts are not as expensive to make.  Anything above $15 (plus shipping) will again be considered a love donation. 

Please let me know if you have any fantastic ideas!

No comments: