Thursday, January 15, 2009

Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

OK - any of you who really know me, know my grilled cheese sandwiches.  They don't resemble the traditional sandwich - they are more like black hockey pucks.  That is NOT an exaggeration.  For some reason my time management skills go on hiatus and I can NEVER remember that I need to watch them.  I would say 99.9% of them are near inedible.

Well, guess what?  I actually made a good grilled cheese sandwich today!  When I asked IBoy if he wanted me to make him one, he had no hesitation in saying "no thanks, I'll make my own".  Surprise, surprise, surprise - this is what I made - he decided to accept it.


I was SO excited that I had to take a picture of it just to prove that I CAN make a grilled cheese sandwich!  Notice that BOTH sides are edible.

The only teensy-weensy problem was that my sandwich was happily grilling while I was doing a photo op.  Here is my sandwich - not as bad as most, but still a touch on the dark side!  Ah, well - at least I am used to it!


2 comments:

Leingang Family said...

Now I don't feel so silly. I often end up with food that is, let's say, less than perfect. I am just too easily distracted and am a complusive multi-tasker. The boys are often making fun of me for taking pictures of things that turn out. By the way, your grilled cheese is beautiful!

Oh, today I went grocery shopping and spent $126 on two weeks of meals. But I still need to go buy coconut milk.

Anonymous said...

That is just too funny Donna! FINALLY, you get it right.....er.........*doh!* Something I would totally do.

Cheri